Saturday, April 14, 2007

Film Review


You must see "Simon Birch". It's the story of two best friends as they search for faith and destiny. One is an ostracized, orphaned, bastard (yes, literally) and the other is a dwarf, shunned by his parents and ridiculed by everyone in town. Jim Carrey, Ashley Judd, and Oliver Platt headline the adult stars, but the two boys who play the lead roles are the best part of the film. Beautifully set in Maine, this film had us laughing and crying as their story unfolded towards the inevitable end.

3 comments:

KarenD said...

I think I saw this movie... but I guess it didn't make enough of an impression on me to know for sure.

Leanna said...

I know that's where I'm at Karen. But started watching "The Mighty" the other day on TV and kind of the same thing, also good. And had a great score to it.

Lydia said...

I saw this movie several years ago and liked it.