Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scrapbooking Retreat at Last!

Six months ago, my friend C asked me to go with her to a scrapbooking retreat in Weatherford. For several reasons, the timing wasn't right then, but when she returned and told me the dates of the next one, I said, "I'm in." Well, this weekend, long awaited, has finally arrived!

Tomorrow morning I head out, pick up C, and drive to Weatherford to the Covered Bridge Inn. It's a Victorian house set up specifically for scrappers. Upstairs there are beds for 18, downstairs there's an eating area, and, most importantly, a beautiful scrapping room. A hot tub and massage will complete the luxurious, relaxing weekend.Now, you might ask, what am I going to scrap? Well, Ian, of course. I have plenty of photos of him to put into scrapbooks. I also have a trip to Atlanta from April that I want to scrap. So there'll be plenty to do, but mostly, I want to relax, meet new friends who enjoy the same hobby, and have a mini-vacation. Hooray!

Next week, I'll post photos of the weekend, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Have a great weekend!!

KarenD said...

Man, I need to recruit you to do my Ian scrapbook, too! Lord knows when I'll find time to do it. I think I might only scrapbook his first year and then look into online scrapbooking from that point forward... something, well, more portable!

MamaTeeThree said...

Oh, that sounds awesome! I am terribly behind on my scrapbooking. I have piles and piles of photos and plenty of supplies, but according to my scrapbook so far, my oldest is 15 months old and has no siblings.

Have fun!

cturkett said...

and from C. who can't wait either==don't worry girls, you'll have lots of time later on in your lives to build the books and relive the memories. Having begun this hobby only two years ago (and retired from teaching one year ago), the most time consuming thing about scrapbooking is sorting through all the pictures that I neglected to date and identify so long ago...makes it a little harder but no less fun IMHO. So, learn from my mistake! BUT, HOLD ON A SEC! if your pictures are all on digital cameras and then filed on cds or on your hard drive, never mind! Consider yourself ahead of the game! Take lots of pictures of "ordinary stuff!" I know you're off to a great start!

See you tomorrow, C! Drive carefully!

Leanna said...

Sounds like a very hard weekend. Hope you survive! =) Have a blast!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures from your weekend! The house looks beautiful and I bet you will have a great time.