Wednesday, July 9, 2008

On Vacation

My vacation this year looks really different. I usually spend a week with my parents, another week visiting children and friends, then my last week at home scurrying around to get the summer projects done before heading back to work. I usually arrive back at work exhausted.

Because my health has not been optimal for about 3 months now, the hub decreed that I was put on travel restrictions this year! Ugh! Although I know it's necessary for me to rest and restore my health, I chafe against the limits.

So, my to-do list looks like this: organize closet, clean out old clothes, clean out drawers, organize the garage, do some yard work, read books, eat healthy meals, exercise every day, do some Arbonne work, scrapbook, read blogs, etc. Not too much exciting there, and you might think that that is still a lot to accomplish. However, one task a day is how I'm approaching it, and that is easy compared to my past schedule. :)

There are a few bright points in this 3-week hiatus. One, our daughter came to visit (thanks, Lyd) for a few days. Just having her here brightened us both up and we loved visiting with her. Two, our daughter-in-law and g'son are coming next week to spend a few days with me. I get to babysit while she gets some urgent design work done. Third, hub relented and let us take an impromptu day trip last Sunday to meet our new "adopted" g'kids in Southeast Texas. Our friends are adopting again, so we went to meet the four kids and had a great time. So, as long as I get to see everybody and spend some time with them during my vacation, I'm happy!

I will take before and after photos of my closet re-do. I started on it this morning and ran out of hangers before one wall was done! So I ordered more which should arrive before my vacation is over, hopefully, so I can finish this project.

3 comments:

Leanna said...

That's great that you're taking time out to REST -- so very important! And you still get to have some great times with the ones you love -- so very wonderful. Hope to see you and 'hub' soon! Miss seeing you guys!

Lydia said...

Your vacation sounds like bliss! I've always been a "go and do" vacationer, but Jon has shown me the light, I think. The restful time I had at your house last week was just perfect!

With so much to do at work (and, it seems, with no end in sight), I thought of my maternity leave and how much I would enjoy it...though by the time I get there, I'll think all these work hours have been a walk in the park!

cturkett said...

So I hope you're still going to end your vacation time with me in Weatherford? Do you have to go back to work before Aug.1? If not, you could come here on Thursday, July 31, and then we could do some more visiting before we get up Friday morning and head for Weatherford. The earliest time for check-in is noon on Friday.

I'm glad that Alan talked you into taking stock of your health, etc. to rest up. But I know, too, that cleaning and organizing is not always the kind of "fun" that I enjoy either.

Just 3 weeks until august 1...