Thursday, March 19, 2009

Did I tell you.... ?

...that hub has a new car, a new job, and a new office?

His truck lease was up. We opted for a car this time to save gas. He got a Ford Fusion and it's red! It's a pretty nice car although I wouldn't know how it handles because I haven't driven it yet. It's a standard transmission, too. I know how to drive one; it's just been years since I've had to.

He got a promotion at work after much studying, oral boards, and nervous, sleepless nights. Everyone at his office is glad for him...even the ones who also went up for the job. It's a little raise, a little prestige, etc....and a LOT more stuff to learn! He's been pretty much firefighting this week, but I know he'll get the hang of it soon.

His new office was a mess he inherited from the previous boss who just retired. Dark and dingy. Dirty. Messy. I persuaded the custodian to paint the walls with a fresh coat and to patch all the nail holes. He did it! We got a new executive chair for hub's desk, new side chairs for guests, new lamps, a rug, a table, some art work and plants. Now it looks inviting and like a place you wouldn't mind working in.

I'll try to post photos of the car and office soon.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Congrats to Daddy! I'm so proud of him, and I can't wait to see the new office!

KarenD said...

Yes, you did tell me.