Monday, February 25, 2008

Meet Ian

I know I'm late, but, give me a break, I just got home!

Ian James is just exactly as I pictured him...the perfect blend of his parents and still all himself.

Witnessing his birth was such a privilege. God knew long ago that Ian would be born to John and Karen and has a plan for his life. WOW! So even though we were surprised by his arrival being 3 days early, God was not.

Seeing John and Karen become parents has been great, too. John's care for Karen in the hospital was awesome. He sacrificed his own comfort, sleep, food, stamina, etc., for whatever she needed during those long difficult labor hours. Karen focused with determination on delivering Ian the safest way possible. Even though she ran fever and felt terrible, she never faltered in following the labor nurses' orders. But the best part came afterward, as both John and Karen took on the persona of "parent".

My favorite part was when we arrived home from the hospital on Sunday afternoon. John safely carried Ian into the house (still in his car seat), walked into the dining room, and said, "Where do I put him?" Hmmm...his nursery, maybe?

A close second was Monday when Karen remarked that he didn't do much except eat and sleep...was that all? Not as much fun as a kitty with a string, eh?:)

Now please understand I'm just "pickin"... they both will be wonderful parents. :)

BTW, after taking over 50 photos in 4 days, I realized that the tiny little brag book I purchased for my purse will never do! So be prepared world...I'm armed with photos!!

1 comment:

cturkett said...

I am so glad that there is such a thing as the internet and that you can share your pictures with me and others this way! This is great fun! And yes, not only did sweet Ian's parents perform well but his aunt and uncle seemed to be doing a good job (especially the camerawoman!), too! Some days I wonder if we'll ever get to experience the joy of grandchildren...not whining here just being honest. Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl