Tuesday, February 12, 2008

In Memoriam

Sadly, I have to announce that Friday, my grandcat, passed away Sunday night of unknown causes. He is survived by his parents, Jon and Lydia. In his short life of two years, he brought joy to his family with his playful antics. He will be best remembered for playing with the water in his water bowl, stirring it with his paw and then shaking his paw or scooping water out onto the floor. His favorite toy was Blue Snake which will be kept in memory of him.

He was a stray, sickly kitten who was lucky enough to be taken in by compassionate people. He was fed and doctored, groomed and entertained by his family until he became the cat we all knew and loved.

Condolences were received by the family on Monday, including flowers from Dr. Sam Adams, veterinarian, and Wedgwood Baptist Church Sunday School class.

Here are two photos from the beginning and end of his life:


2 comments:

Lydia said...

He was so tiny, wasn't he?

And I'm glad you noted Blue Snake. I forgot to do that in my post. He was so silly with that thing, bringing it to the bed every night, and carrying it back out to wherever I was in the morning. Friday had some peculiar mannerisms for sure! Quirky and cute. No doubt about it.

KarenD said...

Ah, yes, blue snake. He would usually awake me with the blue snake ritual in the middle of the night when I stayed with you.