Thursday, May 3, 2007

BLOW OUT!

On my way home from work last night, I was cruising at 70 mph and listening to the radio. Suddenly, I hear a "whump whump". I turned off the radio to listen again. There it was. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw smoke billowing out the back end of my car. "I better pull over," I thought. As I slowed down to pull over, the steering became very hard to control. "Oh my, I wonder what's wrong?"

I park at the side of the road, get out of my car, walk around to the back. OHMYGOSH! The tire is completely burnt off the rim! It is hanging there, lopsided, while the rim of the tire is sunk into the soft dirt. What do I do?

Call my knight in shining armor who arrived in 10 minutes riding his charcoal gray Ford Ranger. Within 30 minutes he had the tired removed, the spare on (which was low on air), we'd crept slowly to the nearest gas station and got air,then drove slowly home on the little donut tire.

This morning, he took my car to the tire store where we'd purchased the tired in January, got the tired changed out, and I'm good to go to work today.

He's my hero!

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Hooray for the Knight in Shining Armor! Hooray for happy endings! But how scary to have a blow-out. Did you get a free replacement, since that was just a few months ago?

Margie said...

Yea, hubby to the rescue. Glad you're ok (& the car too). Did you have as crazy of weather as we did here?

KarenD said...

Yeah, hope it wasn't raining at the time!

Carolyn said...

Nope, it wasn't raining. We were in-between storms at the time. Yes, the tire replacement is free since we just got them in January.

Lindsey said...

Oh, man! Sounds like you need a new Mercedes!

Lydia said...

I'm putting a post up about our Knights in Shining Armor. Thanks for starting the idea!