Saturday, June 20, 2009

Do Not Read if you have a weak stomach!!

Our cat is sick again. The fight he had several weeks ago apparently left a deep wound in his back haunch that has festered. I can't believe we didn't see it under his fur. This week he slowed down, growled when touched, and hid a lot. So Alan took him to the vet yesterday. She put him to sleep, shaved the area, and .... horror...there was a huge abcess! She cleaned it up, gave him pain killers, gave him another injection to wake him up and sent him home with two meds for 10 days. It is so gross! AND HE LICKS IT! OUCH!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Grossie!! Daddy told me about it on the phone, but it's even grosser than I imagined! I'm sorry Gunny had to go through all that, and I hope it gets better soon!

cturkett said...

I truly do feel sorry for your little kitty but that is probably one of the grossest pictures you've ever posted! Yuck! Hopefully, Gunny will be well soon!