Thursday, June 28, 2007

Welcome Addition


I finally traded cars! Yep, I traded my trusty old Focus in on a 2004 Honda CRV.

I first wanted a CRV the year they debuted...1997! That's right, ten years ago. Two teachers with whom I worked bought them that year. I thought they were so cute and different; who had ever seen a mini-SUV before? The innovations in it were amazing...a built-in table, a tailgate that swings open, the chassis low enough you didn't have to climb up into the seat. Honda was ahead of the market then, and I had major car fever.

Of course you're asking, if you've wanted one for ten years, why didn't you ever get one? Hmmm, let's just say circumstances conspired against it every time we had to trade. So, before I make another long-distance trip by myself, I decided to trade for a newer car.

I love driving it! It's very "tight" handling, small turning circle, real pep on passing gear all combine to make a fun driving experience.

This was the first car I'd purchased entirely on my own. I asked the dealer what percentage of females do that. Answer: about 35%. That's an interesting stat since the divorce rate is 50% in the US. That means that single women of all stripes STILL take a man along to do the deal. Ladies, we can do this. Prepare beforehand what your terms are, do your homework on the cars, and go with a smile on your face (it disarms the salesman). You can walk away knowing you got a great deal on exactly the car you wanted. Sweet!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person! The Arbonne sticker looks like it fits right in.

KarenD said...

Wait... what about your mercedes?

Margie said...

CRV's are awesome. My in-laws have one and love IT!

T said...

Congrats! Its cute. So, where is the table?

Leanna said...

Congrats on the new car. I really like the CRVs too!

Coming to DFW again any time soon?