Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Long Delay

It's been over a month since I've blogged. To say I've been busy is true, to say I've procrastinated is true, and to say I've been reading about others' lives (FB) is true. For whatever reason, it's time to catch up.

April, of course, was when Seth was born so I was in San Antonio for a while. He is precious, but a newborn being what it is, we didn't get much sleep! Now, he's starting to stretch out those night feedings. His only difficulty is he hates to be in the car and screams his head off. Constantly.

May has flown by. Alan and I celebrated our 36th anniversary. I am thankful to have a husband who lets me be me. He has been so understanding of my desire to retire, my need to travel to take care of our family members, my ups and downs health-wise.

June is shaping up to be busy, also. I am in Missouri now, spending a week with my parents. My in-laws are moving to a new apartment and I'll be going next week to help them get unpacked and settled. The following 2 weeks, I'll be in Kountze 3 days each week helping my friend recuperate from surgery and keep her household (with six kids) running smoothly while hubby is working.

Sometime in late June or early July, I'll be back in SA to help my kids move to their first home. It will be fun to see Ian and Seth again. I also have a scrapbooking weekend scheduled plus a visit from Lydia to Palestine. Can't wait to see Caleb!! He has such a cute sense of humor!

By the time I rotate through parents, in-laws, and both kids' families, it's time to start again! haha Too bad we're spread over 3 states.

But I am so thankful for a loving God who provides for my needs and enables me to do these things. He protects me as I drive, He provides funds for trips, He provides patience with toddlers, and mostly, He provides stamina/energy for the effort needed to be useful.

If I don't blog again for a while, you can find me on FB. If my name crosses your mind, say a prayer asking God's sustenance for me. Thanks.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I'm really looking forward to our July visit, too!