Monday, April 26, 2010

The Things Ian Says

After leaving the hospital this evening, Alan asked me what Ian would eat for supper. I replied, "Chicken and french fries."

He said, "standard fare."

Ian said, from the back seat, "standard fare!"

He constantly amazes us with mimicing the things we say, trying out new words, matching enunciation and tone with us.

Today, he took his "backpack" to the "hospital" to see "Baby Seth". He likes ice in his water, dipped his fries into gravy and handed them to me to eat, drank like a big boy from a regular cup, and used a straw properly.

He is so fun to be with and, I must say, behaved wonderfully well on this long day. Tomorrow he'll go to Mother's Day Out and then back to the hospital for a short visit with Mommy and Seth.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

So glad he did well today! It will be quite a transition for him over the next while! I'm glad his grandparents are there to give him love and attention.