Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Five Weeks...

...until my little girl becomes a mother.

I was 26 1/2 when I had my first child. She's 26 1/2.
I had my first child two months before my 6th wedding anniversary. She's having hers one month before her 6th anniversary.
My first child was a boy. Her first child is a boy.
I named my child after a Bible character. So did she.

So many things are alike. Will I see myself in her labor? Will I be strong enough to see her through it? Will I be what she needs instead of what I need?

Five more weeks and I'll know.

5 comments:

T said...

What a cute picture! Lydia is such a cute pregnant lady! :)

KarenD said...

Oooh, cute preggo clothes. I'm glad Lyd is adding to our maternity collection. :-)

Lydia said...

The similarities started with marriage: we were both married 3 months before our 21st birthdays!

You're going to do great while I'm in labor!

Leanna said...

Very sweet. What a wonderful mamma and grandmama!

Margie said...

These are very sweet words. And Lydia looks beautiful in this photo. Bet as beautiful as you were (and still are) as a mother!